Monday, February 12, 2007

so here we go...

Arcade Fire
Neon Bible
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Black Mirror 4
Keep the car running 4
Neon bible 4.5
Intervention 4
Black wave / bad vibrations 4
Ocean of noise 4
The well and the lighthouse 4
(Antichrist television blues) 5
Windowsill 5
No cars go 3.5
My body is a cage 3.5

45.5/55
Score = 8.3

After "Intervention" got leaked people were saying this was going to be better than Funeral which made me not enjoy it. But as I listened to the song some more it soaked in it's subtelty. Then seeing the video of them playing it live made me even enjoy it. But I am not going to lie to you I was very afraid for this record. Still I am not going to claim it to be a masterpiece or really on the same level as Funeral. This record is not about individual songs, it is about a theme a feeling, a ideaology. Sometimes it works well and the band really branches away into new waters with songs like (Antichrist television blues) and Windowsill. Other times I wonder. The rerecorded No Cars Go is solely out of place and awkward in the tracklist, and seems to be kind of a throw in. The song is more mechanical and stale than the original. Really it does not make sense to me to put a old song on a new record unless it is wildly different and fits in the context of the new material which No Cars Go does not. But on the better side most of the record is very strong and plays on the bands strengths of melody and interesting transitions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

6